Up to now, the smart mobile devices market has been dominated by industry leaders like iPhone, Android and BlackBerry. Not many companies considered developing an application for Windows Mobile because this device was less of a smartphone and more of a pocket computer that could be used to make calls.
Windows Phone, on the other hand, is a revolutionary device that marks Microsoft’s change of stance. A cursory glance at the new features introduced along with Windows Phone 7 will give you a measure of how contemporary the new Windows smartphone is. These features show why developing tailor-made apps for Windows Phone makes sense.
Five Superb Windows Phone 7 Features
1. Tile-based Design: One of the biggest challenges for Windows Phone designers was creating a UI that worked as well as the UI of existing smartphones. The tile-based interface does its job admirably. The screen is filled with ‘live tiles’ which are linked to features and apps. The tiles are automatically updated, and you can see the changes in real time.
2. People Hub: This feature allows users to access popular sites and apps instantly. For example, it offers a single-tap access to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
3. Games Hub & Xbox Live: Microsoft has always been one of the dominant players in the gaming market. Windows Phones have amazing gaming support, and they also get free Xbox Live services; this makes multiplayer mobile gaming more interactive and more fun.
4. Outlook Mobile: Outlook mail is one of the best programs for managing emails. Its modified version on the Windows Phone 7 allows users to manage multiple accounts, categorize messages and create linked inboxes.
5. Advanced Internet Explorer: This is one of the best versions of the Internet Explorer. It uses the mobile hardware to provide a fast, smooth and enjoyable mobile web browsing experience.
And Things Are Getting Even Better…
Windows Phone 7 has done a lot better than Windows Mobile. Things will only get better when Windows 8 OS is launched along with Microsoft Surface tablets. Currently, there are just a hundred thousand app on the Windows Phone Marketplace. There are several categories of mobile app development for which the Marketplace doesn’t have decent apps. Microsoft is pinning all its hopes on Windows 8. Even if this operating system doesn’t have enough to beat large competitors like Apple iOS and Android OS, it will at least make Windows Phone perform and sell better. Developing tailor-made apps for Windows Phone right now can help you succeed on Windows Phone Marketplace.
Mobile Developers Love it Too!
Experts in Windows 7 Phone apps building field feel that developing apps for this device is a pleasurable experience. Advanced features in connectivity, graphics support, media support, and mobility enable the development of innovative applications, while interoperability and security features make it possible to develop secure and scalable applications. Experienced Windows Phone 7 developers who have worked with Windows Vista and other Windows software find it easy to develop apps for this new mobile device.
Starting Windows Phone 7 Application Development
At this point of time, it is not very easy to find mobile developers who are experts in Windows 7 Phone apps building. A programmer who has developed an application for Windows Mobile will not necessarily have the requisite skills to develop apps for Windows Phone. You need to get in touch with a reputed Windows phone app development company.
But there aren’t many companies that focus exclusively on Windows Phone app development. You can choose a mobile development company that has developed hundreds of apps for different mobile platforms to work on your app development project. By outsourcing your project, you can get effective Windows Phone app development services at affordable rates.
Now is the Right Time
The launch of Windows 8 and Microsoft Surface tablets in Fall 2012 will, more likely than not, bring Microsoft back into the game. The number of Windows Phone users is already increasing, and several new mobile users are choosing Windows Phone. When this revolutionary smartphone captures a larger part of the smartphone market, the value of your app will rise.
By building tailor-made apps for Windows 7 Phone, you can build a strong and loyal following on the Marketplace right now. More and more people are developing apps for Windows Phone, but the competition is not too fierce. If you develop a useful, entertaining an effective app for Windows Phone right now, you will reap rich rewards in the months to come.